- Additional Information
Replacement for Stamford SX460 Voltage Regulator
Stamford AVR P/N E000-24602-1P
SAME EXACT AVR AS:
- Stamford Voltage Regulator E000-24602 AVR
- Stamford Voltage Regulator E000-26000 AVR
- Newage Voltage Regulator 450-13900 AVR
- Newage Voltage Regulator E000-24600 AVR
- Cummins Onan Voltage Regulator 305-0982 AVR
- Cummins Onan Voltage Regulator 305-0949 AVR
- FG Wilson Voltage Regulator 594-011 AVR
- Olympian Voltage Regulator 594-011 AVR
What is an Automatic Voltage Regulator?
An Stamford SX460 AVR, an AC alternator part, is the key component responsible both for the quality and the reliability of the power that your diesel generator produces. This small, economical but critical component is the brain behind the automatic regulation of the voltage produced by your generator.
Because in most applications the loads are both constantly fluctuating and unpredictable, the Automatic Voltage Regulator is responsible for ensuring the necessary flexibility and responsiveness that your Stamford alternator needs, allowing it to quickly respond and adapt to the load impacts at all stages of its operation.
How does the Stamford SX460 AVR function?
- Within your Stamford alternator there is a small magnetic field, as the engine drives the generator into motion, this magnetic field will induce a small voltage on the windings of your generator, called residual voltage.
- The AVR will derive excitation from this residual voltage and start inducing more voltage onto the generator’s exciter until the desired voltage level is reached.
- The AVR will continue monitoring output voltage while controlling input voltage for the generator’s exciter, through decreasing or increasing generator control voltage, your generator’s output voltage decreases or increases accordingly
- Several times per second the AVR does calculations of how much voltage needs to be sent to the exciter, creating a stable output voltage at the predetermined set point while compensating for load, engine speed, temperature and generator power factor.
Features of the Stamford SX460 Voltage regulator
In addition to regulating your generator’s voltage, the AVR circuitry offers the following features:
- Compensating for load, speed, temperature and power factor
- Closed loop control that provides a load regulation of +/- 1.0%
- An adjustable damping or stability circuit
- Under-speed protection circuit
- LED indicating when the Under Frequency Roll-Off (UFRO) circuit is working
- A non-condensing unit
|Dimensions||17.5 x 15 x 6.5 cm|